This week in cocktails, the Halloween themed martinis come to an end and the Thanksgiving and cold weather cocktails start making their rounds. There are also quite a few contests going on right now, so be sure to enter and enter often.
I always miss quite a bit when doing these roundups, so if you would like to be included or know of a link, please leave a comment or contact me on twitter at @girlydrinks.
- Roasted Jalapeno Blackberry Margarita: via KitchenKonfidence. Roasted jalapeno infused tequila (home made) mixes with muddled blackberries, orange liqueur, and fresh lime.
- Cranberry Spritz: via YumSugar. A simple cocktail recipe that combines cranberry juice, tangerine juice, rose and fresh cranberries.
- Van Gogh Blue Contest: From now until December 3rd, 2010, you can enter Van Gogh Blue’s Cocktails & Confessions contest on Facebook for a chance to win a ladie’s night in package with 25 friends, a $500 AMEX card, and a visit from gorgeous celebrity chef Jon Ashton who will cook for you and your friends.
- Women and Whiskies: Skyy Spirits has launched a new program for women who love whiskey. Join the Facebook group to join in on the whiskey conversation, and check out the whiskey based cocktail recipes, including the Hibiki Falling Leaves.
- Reyka Vodka and Iceland Naturally Contest: 10 Trips to Iceland are up for grabs in the “Toast to Iceland” sweepstakes. Ten Reyka Vodka fans will win an all expense paid trip for two to Iceland.
- Spice Up Your Season Pie Sweepstakes: From the Food Network comes a chance to win $4,500 cash and a collection of Food Network Chef Cookbooks. Just vote for your favorite pie recipes on the Food Network from now until November 29, 2010.
- Apple Cider Cups: From Gimme Some Oven, enjoy your favorite warm cocktail, or apple cider, in an apple.
- Thanksgiving Cocktail Recipes from Cosmopolitan: Six Thanksgiving themed cocktails from Cosmopolitan, including a Cranberry Ginger Martini and a Spiced Apple Martini.
- 21+ Must Try Classic Cocktails: The Intoxicologist prepares 21 classic cocktails, complete with drool worthy pictures.
- Bourbon Milk Punch: Todd Abrams at Gourmet Underground creates a Bourbon Milk Punch cocktail.
- 10 Winter Cocktails: Chicago Now rounds up 10 cocktails that are perfect for winter, including a Gingerbread Hot Toddy and a Spiced Old Fashioned.