Link Roundup: I Managed to Miss No Less Than 3 National Cocktail Holidays Last Week
While I was out frolicking in chilly Atlantic City last week, at least three national cocktail or food holiday’s managed to come and go: National Kahlua Day, National Pancake Day, and National Margarita Day were some of the popular ones. There was also National “Drink Wine Day,” and although it’s over a month past, February 5th was World Nutella Day
Where I slacked, however, some great cocktail bloggers posted a variety of cocktail recipes, including those for the National Cocktail Days that have passed.
National Margarita Day
- National Kahlua Day Cocktails: National Kahlua Day has gone and passed, but The Intoxicologist has rounded up a list of cocktails made with Kahlua that can be made any day.
- Absolut Mandarin Dreamsicle Cookies: Not cocktails, but these delicious looking cookies are made with Absolut Mandarin vodka. Very cool and out of the box – perfect for a themed party or the next family get together
- National Pancake Day: Alas, I also missed National Pancake Day last week. IHop was giving away free pancakes and twitter was buzzing about pancake recipes. Of course, the cocktail connoisseurs out there came up with a pancake cocktail (it’s not gross, I promise). Lettuce Martini presents the Blueberry Pancake Martini.
- St. Patrick’s Day Cocktails: St Patty’s Day is still a few weeks away, but Drink of the Week is already gearing up with a list of St. Patrick’s Day Drinks.
- The Lemon Meringue Pie Cocktail (discovered via Liqurious): The folks over at Hello Sonoma have re-created the Lemon Meringue Pie in cocktail form!
- Best Picture Cocktails: Just in time for the Oscars (March 7th), Chow.com has identified 10 Oscar worthy cocktails that fit in with each of the nominated films this year. Perfect excuse to host a Oscar watching party
- National Margarita Day: Yep, this was a national holiday last week, as well. I drank a margarita on National Margarita Day (at Harrah’s Atlantic City), but I didn’t post anything. Still, you can celebrate with a margarita any day. Cosmo Online posted two different recipes, a honeydew margarita and a pink margarita.
- Budget Friendly Cocktails: Using Seagrams Lime Melonade as the base, these three summer cocktails can be made in large quantities for a low price.
- Tales of the Cocktail is less than 142 days away! Specialty tickets go on sale today, March 1st. Take it from someone that loves cocktails so much she started a blog about them – this is the most amazing event! I could go on and on (I am) about why you should attend, but here’s the top 3 reasons: discover new spirits that you’ve previously shyed away from (I discovered my obsessive love for gin, a spirit I thought I didn’t like, because of TOTC); meet some talented folks that know how to make excellent and unique cocktails; and discover the beautiful city of New Orleans through a wonderful cocktail event.